Strawberry Mousse Pie Recipe
I got lots of compliments from this dessert, so I thought I'd post the recipe. It's from www.recipezaar.com, one of my favourite recipe sites.
Frozen Strawberry Mousse Pie
1 lb fresh or frozen strawberries
1 pint sour cream
1 cup sugar (or less, to taste)
1. Throw in blender with half amount of sugar. Blend until desired texture (not too smooth.) Add more sugar to taste, if you need it. I had to throw in about a cup of plain yogurt because I didn't cut the sugar back enough.
2. Put in freezer and freeze partially. I have no idea how long because I skipped this step, actually.
3. Using a hand held mixer, blend again. This is supposed to make it more like ice cream as opposed to a popsicle texture. Which mine was. But it was still yummy.
4. Go back in time and make a graham cracker crust.
5. Put frozen berry mix into crust.
6. Freeze again for a bit.
7. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Graham cracker crust:
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. sugar
Mix everything well and press into pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.
I doubled both recipes, and had enough for a 13x9 dish and a 7x7 casserole dish, with a really nice thick crust. Yummy!
1 comment(s):
Y'know when you say LOL and you actually haven't laughed OUT LOUD but you thought, hey, that was funny, and if someone had said that to me in person instead of on the computer, I WOULD'VE laughed (out loud) but since I'm just here at my computer, I'm not going to ACTUALLY laugh out loud because then people will think I'm weird. Well, I actually did laugh (out loud) when I read your recipe, especially step 4. And then I had to explain to Jake why I was laughing. And then he thought I was weird.
Post a Comment