Saturday, July 12, 2008

All Aboard for our Latest Adventures...

Where o where do I begin? Let us take a tour of our past few days...

Tuesday (bing) – Exciting Day, sort of like Fajitas, with bits and pieces everywhere and a lot of Sizzle
Us girls had a busy day. First we went to Storytime at the library. Then I had my interview for a 4 month paternity job working at the university. I was very excited. I did very well, I thought. (See blog below.) DH had to take the bus to work. Anya had her new swimming class.

Later that evening my good friend and fellow-Guide leader Kyla came over with her new truck, and after picking up the other leaders, we all went for a ride to the Ice Cream Shop to celebrate her new job and new vehicle. It was perfectly spontaneous, and everybody was around! We had a full house (truck) - Cindy, Jo-Anne (Kyla's mom) Me and Gemma. The whole Girl Guide leader-crew. Soon to be broken up, since Kyla is moving to NWT, and Gemma is leaving to do her Master's in TO. Sniff. Actually, this might have happened on Wednesday. I'm a little fuzzy on that point. :)

Wednesday (bing) – Not a very Busy Day, but I have to Write Something. Kind of a Grilled Sandwich sort of Day. Not fancy, but gets the job done.
I started getting a scratchy throat. Oh oh. An easy day by comparison. D and E had their chicken pox immunizations. No trouble there.

Thursday (bing) – Bleah Day, with a side of Panic (Macaroni salad made with too much mayonnaise, and a big dash of hot sauce hidden in the middle)
Me: sick. Feverish, sore throat, body aches, whine, whine whine. I asked DH if he would take Anya to her swim class that night, since I wasn't feeling great. He forgot, and got home 5 minutes before her class was due to start. Oops.

Friday (bing) – Double Bleah Day, plus a side of Let's Celebrate Later! (Cucumber and Egg White sandwich, with a promise for a glass of Late Harvest Wine)
After being up all night feverish and miserable, and trying after the fourth or fifth interruption to have a nap, the phone rang while I was half unconscious. It was HR from the university, offering me the job! Hooray, hack hack! The HR lady was really nice and trying to make small talk, and here I was trying to sound awake.
"What a great day! Are you enjoying this beautiful day with your kids?"
"Unhg. Yeah." (I may or may not have said that.)
"Heh heh, well that didn't sound very enthusiastic." (She actually did say that.)
"Um, well, the kids are all sleeping, so I'll be taking them out later."(Me, trying really hard to be conscious, and sounding NOT like I just woke up from a nap, and NOT sick.)
DH came home and congratulated me, and then confessed that he had known since Tuesday that I had gotten the job. He had even bought me some Late Harvest wine to celebrate and hidden it in the fridge. Behind the milk, where I never look apparently. (I was sick, it hurt to bend over, give me a break!) Anyway, the job starts the 21st. Yay me! (Cough. Shnuck. Shiver. Sweat.)

Saturday (bing) – Feeling Better Day (Olive Pesto on French Bread as an Appetizer) with "Oh No NOT THIS AGAIN" (Lizard Casserole) and "I'm Wearing my Extra-Angry Eyes" (Scrambled eggs, but instead of scrambling them, Heaving the whole package out the window)
Felt a lot better in the am. Was inspired to do the 7 loads of laundry on the floor in the basement. Just in time for the frickin' FLOOD in the basement, again! This time it was raining, and the water came in from the street. Luckily our floor was mostly empty, but it was sewer water this time around. Bleah. It was bad. The water came up through cracks in the floor, seeping through the basement walls, our lawn and patio was flooded (our backyard looked like a lake) both streets near our house were flooded. A guy got out his kayak and was paddling down the street. Yes. It was THAT kind of flood. Thankfully the water has subsided, but now we're left with a basement floor to bleach and dry out again. Sigh.
I took a few pictures, but I have no energy to post them at the moment.

I forgot to mention, this was in addition to Anya having a Very Bad Day. She stole a bottle of body wash and poured it all around under her bed, on top of her bed and at the top of the stairs! DH saw it in time to save himself from flipping off the top step, THANK GOODNESS. She had a long time out in her room for that one. And later, while the whole flooding nonsense was going on, Anya put on her boots and snuck *outside by herself* to splash in the sewage. Without telling anyone. Aggggggghh! There she was, splashing in the puddles in our driveway, the city workers with concerned expressions on their faces, looking about for an adult of some sort. I asked her what she was doing outside and she bold faced lied to me: "Daddy said I could." I am having deep stress about this whole parenting thing. Oh, and did I forget to mention Dhara and Elora got into the kitchen garbage while I ran to get dressed and were playing in the chicken carcass, empty milk bags, used kleenex etc., spreading it around the floor? Did I also forget to mention I put my foot through the wall? Hmmm. Thought I might have.

2 comment(s):

Hussicots

*great big long fierce supportive hug*

Anonymous

o my goodness! What a week! But congrats on your job, that is wonderful news. I love your news, it's always fun to read (even though it may not be fun to experience).
Love to everyone,
V

......................................   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP