Anatomy of a Photo Shoot
Gr'Auntie Penny got the girls matching Dora jammies for Christmas, and because they were a little large, plus they've all been in the laundry at different times, I've never gotten a photo of them 'til now. I thought you might be interested in the process of a (three ringed circus) photo shoot at our house.
My criteria for a great photo
All three kids:
-With eyes open
-Smiling
-Without fingers in own mouth/eyes/nose
-Without fingers in sisters' mouth/eyes/nose
(I don't normally meet all of these conditions, and usually have to photoshop it.)
Can you girls sit in the chair for a photo?
Anya, don't try to hold your eyes open. Elora, are you done flossing?
Anya, don't try to hold your eyes open. Elora, are you done flossing?
Elora, are you done flossing yet? Anya, I really think you should put the glow sticks down. I know you have trouble blinking with the flash, but don't hold your eyes open....
There, see Anya? Eyes open. Dhara, can you put your hand down?Elora, give the floss to Daddy. Anya, Daddy can hold your glowsticks too.
Ok, everybody just put your hands on your knees. Please?Hands on knees. Hands on your knees. Just put... Dhara... could you...
Daddy, do you think you could make a funny face? Or something?Could you please make them smile? (Carol sobs)
Ok, that's good, look at Daddy... pay no attention to your hysterical mother.Two out of three smiles. Good, good... keep it going....





2 comment(s):
Oh my... sooo funny!! All three posts. I'm wiping a tear. Seriously.
I love your commentary as you get more and more frustrated. So funny! We have many photos like this, and we keep them all! I can't believe how many not-quite-perfect photos we have of the same portrait.
Post a Comment