Tumbling (not the good kind)
Anya fell down the stairs yesterday. Yikes. She's ok, but she scared everybody. She was going downstairs (to poop! YAY!) when she lost her footing (BOO!) and went head over heels. I was upstairs and all I heard was bump, thump, bump, bump, bump bump crash with the bumps getting faster and louder and then a soul rending "MOMMMMY!" BJ said he saw her feet in the air as she sailed over the edge of the stairs, hit the bench in the hallway and fall onto the floor by the front door.
I ran down but DH got there first. He thought she hit her head on the bench, but we were hard pressed to find a mark on her. She had some redness on one thigh, a small red mark on her forehead, and she said her arm was hurting, and that was it as far as we could tell. Wow. Lucky girl.
DH and I both have current first aid certificates, but I'm really glad we didn't need to do much. I've been watching how she treats that arm today, just in case it might have a small greenstick fracture, but she wasn't favouring it and was leaning on it, doing crabwalks and other assorted gymnastics around the house, so I guess she's ok. Greenstick fracture free. :)
I was imagining a trip to the hospital emergency room with all three kids, since Elora and Dhara are learning new climbing tricks daily. ("Excuse me, Mrs. S? Could you come with us, please. Children's Aid has some questions for you...") Elora's started crawling up on the arm of the couch and balancing on her hands and knees while peering down at the floor, and Dhara seriously wants to scale the piano (hee hee, scale the piano --get it?) and has gotten tall enough where she can now climb the easy chair beside it. I am in so much trouble. I really want to move all our furniture out to the garage until the twins are 3.
The great news is that after all that excitement (much later in the day) Anya went poop on the toilet again! Huzzah! That's 4 times in 9 days. She's doing so well now -- and she's going to run out of room to put tattoos soon. :) She hasn't had an accident for a while now, and she's waking up with dry pullups most days.
1 comment(s):
Oh NO!!
When Hayden broke his arm the hospital staff kept telling us that they did NOT suspect child abuse. Once would've been fine, but we got a little scared after the third person told us that yes, his injuries were supported by our story and we weren't being accused of child abuse. Being told you aren't being accused of child abuse a whole bunch of times in a row is allllmost like being accused of child abuse. Like their first thought is that kids are? Guilty until proven innocent?
I groaned out loud (GOL) at your "scale the piano" joke.
love
Me
Post a Comment