Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday B J !

The kids and I made a chocolate cake for DH's birthday today. Well, Dhara and Elora played with bowls of flour, sugar and chocolate chips. Anya helped me with the actual cake. (Anya helped me learn this trick when she was younger, when she sneezed right into a bowl of cookies we were making together. )
Cooking tastes yummy.
Anya manages to keep her eyes open, despite the flash.
A few tablespoons of flour go a long, long way.
The finished product with Reese's Pieces balls on top, and homemade cards. Happy Birthday Daddy!

3 comment(s):

Hussicots

That photo of Anya in the flowers is gorgeous. You should enter it in some sort of contest.. I'm sure it would win. I love how the light catches her iris (haha in the flowers).

Good trick letting the little ones "help"!

A few tablespoons of flour GO a long way.

Looks like a great cake! I'm sorry I couldn't stay for more of the day. I almost called when I ate my "to go" pancakes to exclaim about how yummy they were, but then I didn't. But they were really really yummy!

Happy Birthday B.J.!

Tina Moniz

I have to agree with Jenn, the pic of Anya looks fantastic!! Way to go!!

And god help me, being diabetic isn't helping with all the pictures of yummy wonderful looking cake! WITH REESE'S PIECES BALLS ON TOP!! Cake looks absolutely wonderful....thanks for nothing :P

Vanessa and Shane

And what an awesome idea to give the kiddies their own bowls of flour! Too many times I have let Rachel stir the dry ingredients, only to have them spill across the counter, or get flung up in the air in giant spoonfuls. Then I'm left guessing how much to modify the wet ingredients to accomodate the missing dry stuff.

......................................   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP