The bus, and how my blood pressure rises around 4pm Mondays, Wednesdays, and alternate Fridays
What's worse? To remember you forgot something, or to forget you remembered? (I always wanted a poll on my blog. Vote now, at the left!)
When Anya started taking the bus, I would have a panic attack every day as it got closer and closer to 4pm, fearing that I would forget to go out and meet the bus. If no one is there, the bus keeps going and returns the child to the school. This fear was augmented by the fact that, once, while I was still working and we were juggling babysitters, both DH and I forgot that we had to meet Anya's bus. Panic, embarrassment, and extreme shame were the order of the day.
I also forgot to meet her bus once when I was home, early on in September. The regular driver was sick, and the sub didn't honk the horn, I got busy, and forgot to watch the time closely, blah blah blah. The driver didn't realize Anya had to get off at that stop, so he turned around and stopped on the way back, just thinking she had forgotten to get off. I was off the hook there, but I still was embarrassed.
My solution now is to set the alarm clock for 4:05pm, and when it goes off, I go and stand by the front door and wait. I've gotten used to the stress of meeting the bus, but I still have some residual panic that I will forget again.
Last week, Anya came home, and after reading her agenda, I found out she had pushed someone at recess. I sent her upstairs for a time out right away, and settled into a chair to read the rest of her school notes. I was sitting there reading when I heard air brakes (like a school bus) outside the house. Boy did I panic! By sheer instinct I leaped up, ran for the front door, and actually turned the handle to open it before I remembered that Anya was already home. Sheesh.
I'm not good with this remembering at an exact time thing. Next year she will be on the bus every day, so maybe it will be better. Or not. Ack.
1 comment(s):
This a little insight into what I have to look foward to??!!!
Ack....
Post a Comment