Saturday, October 25, 2008

Almost four years old... and we're all feeling it

The other day Anya came running up to me holding a pair of safety scissors in one hand, and a good sized ringlet of dark curly hair in the other.
"Mommy! Dhara pulled her hair out!" Mm hm. Riiiight.
"Do you want to try that again?" I said. "Please don't lie to me. Whose hair is that really?"
Pause.
"It's mine....it was loose. It fell off."
I wasn't so much concerned about Anya cutting her own hair, but about the lying. She lies more and more lately. Is that normal for kids this age?
We had a little talk about telling the truth, and eventually she told me she cut it off herself. Well, duh. It's funny what kids think we'll believe. Her hair actually doesn't look that much different, just a little flatter in the front. Good thing it's curly, it hides the missing chunk. The craft scissors are now put away, in case she gets any more barbershop ideas.

Tonight she just had a big screamy meamy fit about listening. Sigh. She was in the bath with her sisters, and wouldn't listen or follow my instructions, so I asked her to get out. Well! It was like I was the meanest mom in the world. Screaming, flailing, crying, big ol' fit. Can't wait until Dhara and Elora start being two-year olds. Arghalglglglbl.

I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom....

1 comment(s):

Hussicots

Sometimes hair gets loose and it falls out. In convenient little clumps. With only a LITTLE help from the scissors.

......................................   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP