Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Anya's Birthday, and the Love of December

Anya turned 4 yesterday! Wow!

We had a nice time with Nanny this past weekend, and she was here for Anya's birthday party with 3 little friends on Sunday. It was fun. The moms stayed and had coffee, and the kids did crafts and ran around and ate "hamburgers" without the patty and it was great. Anya had a blast.

Yesterday she opened her present from Mommy/Daddy and Nanny. We got her a dolly that makes a sucking noise when you put her bottle in her mouth (the noise doesn't happen for breastfeeding however - very prejudiced there) and Nanny got her a dry-erase board. She just loves erasing. Anya that is. Not Nanny. Well, maybe she does. I'm not sure.

Anya is very excited to have "three" birthdays, as this upcoming weekend we're going out to Sudbury for a joint Hayden/Anya party, with pony rides. Her 3 birthdays are kind of like our three Christmasses. (One here, one in Sudbury, and one in Toronto.) Anya is so loving December.

DH took the kids for a walk around the block on the toboggan. He wants me to mention that I was snug and warm in the house, taking pictures through the windows, while he braved the cold, cold day. I think it was -3. Heh.
It's gotten colder since. It went down to -25 a few nights ago. Monday was -18 while waiting for the bus with Anya. Nostril sticking weather. Gotta love it!

3 comment(s):

Vanessa and Shane

Happy Birthday to Anya! I can't believe she is four years old!
Lots of love from your Yellowknife family,
Vanessa, Shane and Rachel

PS: Our nostrils haven't been unstuck outside for a good week now.

Anonymous

I want to get an ice beard.

Anonymous

No, you don't. I walked to the mall one day last year and was nodding hello to anyone I passed on the street (as Yellowknifers are wont to do) but I noticed I was getting some funny looks. So when I arrived at the mall, I looked in the entranceway mirror and to my horror I realized that I had grown an ice muzzle. It was like a bad goatee, under my nostrils and around my mouth. No wonder the funny looks.

......................................   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP